Children start Primary School at the beginning of the academic year during which they turn five. At Merryhills we are able to offer 90 places in our reception classes and all applications are processed by Enfield Schools Admission Service (0208 379 5501) who are based at the Civic Centre in Enfield.
We are always pleased to welcome prospective families
When applying for your Primary School place, we would always encourage you to visit the school prior to your application.
At Merryhills we carry out tours most Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Tours commence from September onwards, starting at 9.15am and are carried out by member of staff from our Leadership Team. This gives parents an opportunity to see the school in action during a normal working day.
Visits can be arranged by contacting the school office on 0208 363 1403
We look forward to welcoming you to our school.
Our induction and admission procedures include:
- Home visits from our the class teacher and nursery nurse
- ‘Play and Stay’ sessions in the summer term prior to starting school
- School will liaise with nurseries and pre-school providers
- Lunchtime visit to the school with parent or carer to sample a school lunch
- Staggered intake
More details regarding the induction process for new reception children can be found in our Parent Handbook, a copy of which is given to all Parents when your child joins the school.
Children admitted into school other than at the beginning of Reception or during the school year will still need to apply through the Enfield Schools Admission Service. Once a place has been offered the school will arrange and individual induction programme.
For information on the London Borough of Enfield school admission proceedures and information for parents, please click on the link below
Information obtainable from the London Borough of Enfield:
The Director of Education
PO Box 56
Telephone: 020 8366 6565
- Aids to pupils e.g. free school meals, clothing grants, and the circumstances under which travel passes may be issued.
- How parents should apply for admissions to schools.
- Admissions to schools outside the London Borough of Enfield.
- How to appeal against a placement which is not acceptable.
- Arrangements for transfers between schools.
- The policy of the Authority with regard to pupils bringing food and drink to school.
- How to obtain advice regarding special education.
- The LEA’s approved arrangements for considering complaints against the curriculum
The Local Authority keep a waiting list of children who wish to join Merryhills in all year groups and will contact parents if places become available during the year.
Merryhills is committed to inclusive learning for all. Inclusive education means that where possible we will offer a place to all local children who wish to come to the school so long as we are able to meet their needs.