Post: Learning Support Assistant (Permanent)
School: Merryhills Primary School
Address: Bincote Road, Enfield, EN2 7RE
Telephone: 020 8363 1403
Type: Support Staff Vacancies
Salary: Scale 3 (dependent on qualifications)
Hours: 30 hours per week x 39 weeks per annum
Contract type: Permanent
Vacant from: late April 2020, with a possible additional vacancy from September 2020
Closing date: 12 noon, Wednesday 18 March 2020
Interview date: week commencing Monday 23 March 2020
Merryhills Primary School is a welcoming, values based school. We are looking for caring and creative individuals who share our values to join our hardworking, committed Learning Support team.
The successful applicant will join a friendly, inclusive staff who are passionate about our school, who strive to create opportunities for themselves and each other and are committed to securing positive outcomes for children.
The successful candidate will be:
- Able to work as part of a team and have excellent communication skills;
- Have knowledge and understanding of children working with a variety of learning difficulties including those on the autistic spectrum;
- Flexible and adaptable, no two days are the same;
- Committed to creating a caring and stimulating environment for children to learn;
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent in Maths and English;
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant NVQ qualification
- Experience of working within a classroom environment
- The ability to work in a team and be flexible
- Strong observation and communication skills
- Willingness to attend training and meetings
Merryhills Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including satisfactory Enhanced Criminal Records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). CVs will not be accepted.
Visits to the school are welcomed; please call Sophie O’Shea on 020 8363 1403 to arrange your visit. We are located in Enfield, North London within easy access of the M25 and surrounding counties.
Applicants should submit a letter of application with their application form addressing the requirements of the post, as outlined in the Job Description and the Person Specification provided. Further information and an application pack is available below or email firstname.lastname@example.org